The Newport Music Festival (NMF) will take place from July 4-28 and will present 43 concerts and events in the renowned Newport mansions, including The Breakers, The Elms, and the Chinese Tea House, as well as other impressive venues, such as Castle Hill Inn, The Casino Theatre, The Bohlin, Blithewold, and Aldrich Mansion.Tickets are now on sale for all concerts and can be purchased at www.NewportMusic.org.
Highlights of the 2019 Season Include:
• Chang-Yong Shin – Debut artist and First Prize Winner of 2International Piano Competitions – on July 6th
• Ten-piece jazz band The Harlem 100 on July 13th, celebrating the Harlem Renaissance
• An evening with Broadway star Sierra Boggess on July 20th
• Piano virtuoso Marc-André Hamelin’s long-awaited return to the Festival on July 21st
• Jon Lehrer Dance and international musicians share the stage at The Casino Theatre on July 27th
• Annual Gala with Metropolitan Opera Star Nathan Gunn on July 28th to benefit NMF’s Education and Outreach program
First Prize winner of the Hilton Head International Piano & Bachauer Competitions, Chang-Yong Shin is sure to captivate audiences with some of the most difficult pieces ever written for piano, including Ravel’s Gaspard de la Nuit. Sierra Boggess will grace the Breakers with selections from her Broadway roles in Phantom of the Opera and Disney’s The Little Mermaid. For the 51stAnnual Gala, Metropolitan Opera star Nathan Gunn will perform opera arias and songs from the Great American Songbook.
A variety of last summer’s popular concerts will be making a reappearance this season, including the Musical Garden Party, Sunrise Concerts, and Opera Night. These events will feature festival favorites, pianist Daniel del Pino and mezzo-soprano Renée Rapier, and outstanding newcomers, tenor Jonathan Burton and harpist Bridget Kibbey. Marc-André Hamelin will return with a vast and challenging repertoire as well as Charlie Albright with his remarkable piano improvisations.
NMF continues to serve the community by offering three free family-friendly concerts, including a Fourth of July Extravaganza and two additional free concerts at the Newport Art Museum on Tuesday, July 9, and Tuesday, July 16.
Join NMF at The Castle Hill Inn on July 15 and for the 51st Annual Gala at Ochre Court on July 28 for two truly elegant evenings.
For Tickets & More Information